The Battle Tank

The Battle Tank

The Battle Tank is at the entrance of the city of Ypati. It is a symbol of siege and war that reminds us of the Holocaust that happened on 17 June 1944 by the Germans. On that day SS forces executed 28 people, injured 30 and destroyed 375 out of  400 homes in the city. Ypati due to the great disasters suffered by the foreign invaders has been recognised as a “Martyr City”.